Every Monday we send out an email to every employee with information from the district This email...
Here are the announcements and updates about Health and PE from the September 23rd USBE meeting. Please email curriculum specialist Lindsay Baccus at email@example.com for any questions.
- SHAPE National Convention & Expo April 21st-25th at the Salt Palace Convention (Tuesday- Saturday) Registration Information
- No Utah Shape Conference in February 2020
- New Core Guides K-12 now are available online.
- New Yoga Guidelines for Individual Lifetime Activities for Credit
- Cool Info graphics for Health and PE core
- Botvin LST Update: Still required by law Utah Code Section 53G-10-406 “Underage Drinking Prevention Program” now in board rule, aligns well with new Health Standards, must trained to teach in the classroom
- Botvin Health Connections E-Cigarettes & Vaping (see email) this is an enhancements
- Must be taught at minimum every 5 class periods
- You can put your own flavor into your lessons while still teaching the curriculum.
- Crosswalks for New Core Standards Health I and Health II
- Suicide Prevention: A big focus of Utah State Board of Education
- Video: Billie Eilish
- Video: Teen Suicide
Classroom/Student Resources and Opportunities:
- U of U Team Thrive-Health II (HS) willing to come in and teach their program FREE
- Contact: Paul Grayson Phone: 801-213-2582 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- U of U Crushing Diabetes Health I (MS/JR Hs) see documentary “Sugar Babies” can stream.
- There are student resources (magnet) and parent flyer. They will send to school for FREE every year.
- Contact: Sarah Elizabeth Phone: 801-585-9706 Email: email@example.com
- PD coming in USBE Summer Professional Learning Series 1 location for a region over a week period for multiple subject areas K-12.