Every Tuesday we send out an email to every employee with information from the district This email...
This opportunity is made possible by the National Geographic Society, Northern Arizona University Online, the Center for Science Teaching and Learning, and the Department of Geography, Planning, and Recreation.
Benefits for Teachers
- Learn an engaging strategy for teaching science and social studies with ArcGIS Online Gain knowledge and GIS skills.
- Design map- and data-driven, standards-based lessons.
- Gain support with instructional shifts required by new national standards.
- No tuition payment ($220 value).
- Earn continuing education units and certificates of completion for career advancement.
- Earn $200 for completion of all requirements.
- Flexible, online, differentiated professional learning.
Benefits for Students
- Become critical thinkers and problem solvers.
- Learn essential concepts in science and social studies by examining real, messy, complex problems.
- Increase interest in STEM and STEM careers.
- Develop marketable GIS technology skills.
To apply visit the pod stem website. Pod-Stem Website.
Teaching and Learning with Geospatial Inquiry: 22 hours – June 1 – July 5
Designing a Geospaila Inquiry Lesson: 8 hours – June 1 – July 5 or July 5 – July 30
Pedagogical Moves to Promote Geospatial Inquiry: 4 hours – July 5 – July 30
Implications for Teaching with Geospatial Inquiry: 4 hours – July 5 – July 30