Provo City School District teachers can earn a $2500 PDTA (Provo Distinguished Teaching Award) and...
Based on the feedback provided by teachers from the survey taken at the last grade level meeting last school year, the following changes have been made to the math pacing guide and assessments:
- K-6th grade essentials and good to knows will be moved to align to the order of Go Math.
- 1st-3rd grade dual immersion teachers will have envisions aligned to the order of Go Math.
- District Assessments will be 20 questions and happen once a quarter, the testing window will be approximately the last week of the quarter and the first week of the next quarter.
- 3rd-6th Grade will have District assessments for quarters 1, 2, & 3. 4th quarter will be state testing like this year.
- Official pacing guides are attached here.
- Math Committee Members, Grade Level Meeting Facilitators, Teacher Leaders and Dual Immersion Teachers were involved in the selection of assessment questions and will continue to be involved throughout the year.
- Teachers will be able to review the district assessments each quarter and provide feedback like this past year.
- The math committee will continue to gather feedback as we move forward next year.
If you have any questions, please refer them to the math committee person at your school.