Every Tuesday we send out an email to every employee with information from the district This email...
Bridging and Bonding: The Role of Teachers in Cultivating Citizenship
- Thursday, October 27, 2022
- Check-in: 10am
- Conference Starts: 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- UVU Clarke Building (CB) 101
About the Conference
This conference will address the role of teachers in bridging political differences and bonding citizens together through the common cause of cultivating citizenship. Presentations will cover why civic relationships are so important, hands-on ways teachers can foster these relationships among students and families across political differences, and lesson plans for teaching these principles in the classroom.
The conference keynote, entitled “Love your Enemies,” will be delivered by bestselling author and Harvard professor Arthur C. Brooks. As a conference attendee, you are invited to attend a special meet-and-greet with Arthur Brooks before the public lecture.
Teacher Perks for Attending
- Special meet-and-greet with Arthur Brooks.
- Participants earn up to 9 re-licensure credits.
- The Center for Constitutional Studies will offer a Visa gift card to help offset travel to UVU for conference attendees, and lunch will be provided.
- The Center will also reimburse schools for the cost of any substitute teachers needed to cover for teacher attendees.
Learn more and register on the UVU website. Registration closes October 14th, 2022.