Provo City School District teachers can earn a $2500 PDTA (Provo Distinguished Teaching Award) and...
Join us for hands-on workshops with guest artists in dance, drama, music, and visual art that explore our theme (Arts and Community) and address Utah Core Standards. Participants will learn how the arts offer a way to create, engage, and make positive change within themselves, their community, and their classrooms.
Conference Details: Friday, January 31, 2020 8:00 am – 3:30 pm Weber State University, Ogden Campus, Shepherd Union
**Substitute Reimbursement Available**
A registration fee of $20 will include conference materials, parking, a light breakfast, and lunch. Refunds can be processed up to 7 days prior to the event. Participants will go home with relicensure points, lesson plans, and great techniques for integrating the arts with classroom content. One (1) WSU Continuing Education Credit available.
Below are more details on topics and speakers.
- Dr. Nicole Robinson, CEO, Cultural Connections by Design
- Alisa Petersen, Beverley Taylor Sorenson Endowed Chair of Elementary Arts Education, Southern Utah University
- Ashley Boyack, Director of Professional Development, University of Utah Tanner Dance Program
- Dr. Brittany May, Assistant Professor of Music Education, Brigham Young University
- Erinne Roundy, Arts Learning Collaborative Program Assistant, Weber State University and Visual Art Educator, North Davis Preparatory Academy
- Jonathan Hale, Visual Arts Specialist Canyons School District & Adjunct Instructor, University of Utah
- Kelly Bruce Glynn, Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program Coordinator & Adjunct Dance Faculty, Weber State University
- Lisa Leibering, Manager of School and Community Programs, Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
- Tamara Goldbogen, Beverley Taylor Sorenson Endowed Chair for Arts Learning, Weber State University, and Director, Arts Learning Collaborative