CANVAS Classroom Modules
- Storyline: K.1.1 and K.1.2 : A storyline for Kindergarten STEM SEEd standard K.1.1 and K.1.2. Include phenomena of a melting snowman. It has printable resources for weather related activities, a paper doll template to dress for the weather.
- Storyline: 1.1.1 and 1.1.3 A storyline for 1st Grade STEM standard 1.1.1 and 1.1.3. Includes: Phenomena videos of sunlight, star trails and shadows. Instructions for creating a sundial. Instructions for creating a mini house with a light inside. (Lesson plan for the solar panel house has been updated to be more appropriate for 1st graders– the solar panel has been hard wired to the lights and the house template/neighborhood plot is in a user friendly printable pdf.)
- Storyline: 2.1.1, 2.1.2 & 2.1.3 This is a 2nd Grade module covering strand 2.1, standards 2.1.1, 2.1.2, & 2.1.3. It includes videos of Earth landform phenomena- landslides, earthquakes, volcanoes. A powerpoint of various landforms. A sand water and wind erosion lab. An engineering lab in which students create a tower that can withstand an Earthquake. And and online web activity- Don’t Flood the Fidgets.
- Storyline: 3.3.1This is a 3rd Grade SEEd module covering standard 3.3.1. It includes phenomena of Rube Goldberg type interactions. Information on forces. A lab that has students roll a car down a ramp to see how far it can travel. Links to online balanced and unbalanced games.
- Storyline: 3.1.1, 3.1.2 & 3.1.3 This is a 3rd grade Science/STEM SEEd module covering strands 3.1.1, 3.1.2 & 3.1.3. I suggest that it is taught to coincide with the teaching the math core on bar graphs and picture scaled graphs–since they will be covered in this module. Lessons include weather related graphing, scaled picture graphs, bar graphs, looking at world climate data, Don’t Flood the Fidgets online game, a stop the hurricane engineering lab. (Coincides with Module 18–into Math, for pacing purposes teach these units together during 4th quarter.)
- Storyline: 4.1.1 This is a module which covers Science/STEM standard 4.1.1. It includes videos of plant and animal phenomena, a project that involves the students collecting plants, and a study comparing animal structure to function using dice/cards.
- Storyline: 5.1.1 A storyline for 5th Grade STEM standard 5.1.1. Includes: Phenomena videos of volcanoes being formed in the ocean and on land. A story of a man who had a volcano develop in the middle of his farm. Printable maps for students to draw locations of Volcanos, Earthquakes and Mountains.
- Storyline: 6.2.1 This is a SEEd science lesson module covering Standard 6.2.1 Energy Affects Matter. It includes phenomena of things atom sized up to visible objects. A walk around atoms become molecules activity for students. And creation of molecules by students using legos/gumdrops etc.