Provo City School District Microcredentials
Microcredentials are competency-based professional development that allows teachers to receive credit for new skills gained and skills mastered. Provo City School District’s microcredentials will be a hybrid of online, group and in-person learning. Each microcredential will require the participant to collaborate with a team of other learners from their own school or from around the district. Working directly with an instructional coach or microcredential facilitator is also required.
Microcredentials allow for teachers’ to increase their use of self-guided online resources and encourages them to work together to focus on planning, designing, and delivering instruction. Teachers are now able to choose the professional development that will best prepare them for the changing nature of their jobs, including technology and digital learning tools, analyzing student data to differentiate instruction, and implementing the State Common Core and other standards.
Microcredentials encourage teachers to participate in differentiated professional learning directly connected to their interest and desired skills. By gathering evidence of competency and classroom impact participants are able to earn microcredentials.
How Microcredentials Work
Provo City School District Microcredential
Provo City School District offers a wide range of microcredentials for teachers at all levels.
- Academic Assessment: Determining Eligibility for Special Education
- Classroom Discussion and Questioning
- Classroom Management and Teacher Clarity
- Curriculum Mapping
- Feedback and Formative Assessment
- Learning Targets
- My Perspective
- Proactive Classroom Management
- Teach Like a Champion 2.0
- Using Movement to Solidify Preschool and Kindergarten Standards
- New Teacher Microcredential Registration
- Microcredential Registration