skip navigation

Flexible Spending

Provo City School District offers employees eligible for benefits the option to participate in a flexible spending program. This program offers employees to withhold money from their paychecks pre-tax and deposits into an account to be used for medical expenses and/or childcare expenses. The designated money is deducted through a payroll deduction and can be accessed through a personal flex/debit card.

Important Links

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Flexible Spending

What is the name of the company who manages my flexible spending account? Provo City School District currently provides flexible spending account through APA Benefits.

Is there a limit on the amount I can have deducted? Yes, $2,550.

What can I use my flexible spending money for? Flexible spending money may only be used for medical and/or childcare expenses. To see a complete list of approved expenses, please visit

Are there any additional fees that occur if I choose to participate in flex spending? Yes. There is a monthly minimal administration fee that will be deducted from your check in addition to the money allotted.

Who is eligible to participate in flexible spending? Any contracted employee (classified or certified) of the Provo City School District is eligible to participate in flexible spending.

Can I make changes to flexible spending account? You can only make changes to your flexible spending account during the open enrollment period which occurs during the month of August UNLESS you have had a recent “life change event” which includes marriage, birth, adoption, divorce or death. If a “life change event” has occurred, then you have thirty (30) days from the date of the event to make necessary change.

How do I enroll in flexible spending? The enrollment process for flexible spending is completed online through Employee Navigator at Employee Benefits Launchpad. It is not available to complete the enrollment by a paper copy.

What is the flexible spending year? The flexible spending year begins on September 1 and ends on August 31 of the following year (EXAMPLE: September 1, 2014 through August 31, 2015.) The last day to use and submit claims to your flexible spending money is November 15 after the flexible spending year has ended. (EXAMPLE: November 15, 2014)

Can I get a new flexible spending card? Yes. If you need to get a new flexible spending card for any reason, you will need to contact APA Benefits’ customer service department at (801) 561-4980 to request new cards.

How do I know how much money I allotted for my flexible spending year? You can access your paycheck stub through ALIO Employee Service Portal and view the amount that is coming out from each check. This is your monthly amount. To find the amount you allotted yearly, just multiply that number by 12. You can also track what purchases or claims you have submitted by logging onto APA Benefit’s website at