Every Tuesday we send out an email to every employee with information from the district This email...
University Coursework for Utah Elementary Mathematics License Endorsement
Cohort 7: Fall 2020-Spring 2022
BYU-Public School Partnership 149 MCKB Provo UT 84602 801.422.4646
These BYU Continuing Education courses fulfill the requirements for the Utah Elementary Mathematics Endorsement:
- Fall 2020: Algebraic Reasoning – 3 credits
- Winter 2021: Geometry and Measurement – 3 credits
- Spring 2021: Assessment and Intervention – 3 credits
- Fall 2021: Numbers and Operations – 3 credits
- Winter 2022: Data Analysis and Problem Solving – 3 credits
- Spring 2022: Rational Numbers and Proportional Reasoning – 3 credits
Attendance Policy: This policy is formulated on the fact that missing one class of the Mathematics Endorsement is equal to missing three classes of a regular course. We recognize that teachers may have to miss one class due to parent-teacher conferences but that will be counted as one missed class. Participants are expected to attend classes that may be held during spring break or other school breaks.
The following is the attendance policy for all classes of the Mathematics Endorsement offered through CITES: Two missed classes, excused or unexcused–loss of a full grade (from A to B, for example). Three missed classes, excused or unexcused–no credit for the class. Missing one hour of class time, excused or unexcused (either by coming late or leaving early), will count as a missed class. Exceptions to this policy may be considered through a written request to Dr. Barry Graff, CITES Professional Development Director.
Class Information: Location is determined by the instructor and Classes are held at Lehi Elementary, 765 N Center, Lehi, UT 84043 OR Mountain View High School, 665 Center St, Orem, UT 84057.
Classes are held on Tuesday evenings from 4:30-7:30.
For more information, please contact: Dr. Damon Bahr, Teacher Education, 801.422.6114, firstname.lastname@example.org OR Alena Allred, CITES, 801.422.4646, email@example.com
How Do I Obtain Endorsement?
- Complete university coursework in each of the required areas.
- Your list of classes completed by (1) Instructor (2) Class title (3) Date of Class
- Your university transcript(s) (photocopies or internet transcripts are NOT acceptable) with the relevant content courses highlighted
- he completed application which can be downloaded at (approval will be posted to CACTUS) To: CITES Attn: Alena Allred 149 MCKB Provo UT 84602
- We will verify the information, write a letter confirming the completion of the required classes, and submit all documentation to the BYU Education Student Services Offices who will send it to the State.
Upon successful completion of the UEME coursework, participants are eligible to apply for the Utah Elementary Mathematics Endorsement.
COSTS: For partnership district schools
- $900 tuition for six classes (compared to $331/credit hour in graduate school)
- Some partnership districts have opted to pay the full tuition costs, while others may provide partial or no financial support
- $129 posting fee per class, paid by the student
- Textbooks (approximately $50-$100 per semester)