Instructure has once again partnered with the Utah Jazz to honor Utah’s educators as part of our...
Email is a great communication tool but is often used to trick unsuspecting users into sharing their personal information.
Here are some steps to avoid phishing:
- You can open an email safely but *clicking a link* can be unsafe.
- Hover over a link to see where it sends you before you click. *Try it* *here*.
- Slow down and read the details. Phishing emails will try to excite/scare you into action.
- Scams can come from many countries, often times where english is a second language. Look for misspellings, poor grammar, and poorly formed sentences.
- Look at the sender’s email address. If it is spelled wrong or looks off, it probably isn’t legitimate.
- If you have any questions, the tech department is happy to help. Ext *4357* (HELP) or email@example.com