Instructure has once again partnered with the Utah Jazz to honor Utah’s educators as part of our...
Are you pursuing a STEM, Math or Ed Tech endorsement? Did you know you can be reimbursed for tuition and course materials?
The Utah Legislature has allocated funding to the Utah State Board of Education (USBE) to use to incentivize educators across the state to achieve endorsements in the STEM subjects. The USBE will be using these funds to provide reimbursement for applicable STEM endorsement coursework for both elementary and secondary educators for courses.
Tuition costs and course material costs are eligible for reimbursement provided the total reimbursement does not exceed $500 for elementary courses and $1500 for secondary courses.
Eligible Endorsements include the following
- Elementary STEM
- Elementary Mathematics
- Elementary Mathematics Specialist
- Educational Technology
- Elementary Science
- Secondary Mathematics: Level 2
- Secondary Mathematics: Level 3
- Secondary Mathematics: Level 4
- Secondary Mathematics for Special Education
- Biological Science – Retiring 6/2023
- Chemistry (Retiring 6/2023)
- Environmental Science – Retiring 6/2023
- Earth Science – Retiring 6/2023
- Physical Science – Retiring 6/2023
- Middle Level Science – Retiring 6/2023
- Physics – Retiring 6/2023
- Science Core (6-8) – New 7/2021
- Biology 1 – New 7/2021
- Biology 2 – New 7/2021
- Chemistry 1 – New 7/2021
- Chemistry 2 – New 7/2021
- Earth Science 1 – New 7/2021
- Earth Science 2 – New 7/2021
- Physics 1 – New 7/2021
- Physics 2 – New 7/2021
- Computer Science and Information Technology (All included endorsements)
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences (All included endorsements
- Educational Technology*Please note that the college coursework pathway for the Ed Tech Endorsement is the only one eligible for this program
Interested teachers seeking reimbursement should submit the following:
- Teacher Application for Endorsement Course Reimbursement form
- An official transcript showing course(s), credit hours, and a grade of C or higher. (please highlight the course to be reimbursed on the transcript)
- Receipt(s) showing the cost of tuition and materials.