Every Tuesday we send out an email to every employee with information from the district This email...
In this month’s secondary ELA November Newsletter find information about:
- Native American Heritage Month including teaching resources and literature recommendations
- Annual NCTE annual convention in Anaheim this month
- Governor Cox’s 2022-23 Do the Write Thing Challenge- This challenge is offered to 7th and 8th grade students across the state to examine the impact of youth violence on their lives and then write what they think should be done to change the culture of violence.
- Civics Innovation Grant Applications Open- The purpose of this three-year grant program is to support evidence- informed local innovations in civics teaching and learning.
- Library of Congress Veterans History Project information and resources
- PBS Learning Media Pilot Testing Program: PBS Learning Media is currently seeking ELA and Social Studies educators in grades 6-12 to pilot test educational materials created for the Ken Burns in the Classroom collection. This is a paid opportunity.
- Information on Evidence-Based Secondary Literacy Practices or “The Science of Reading for Secondary Students.”