Every Tuesday we send out an email to every employee with information from the district This email...
The Utah State Board of Education Secondary ELA department is presenting a monthly webinar series for professional learning. These monthly webinars are for Secondary ELA educators and leaders in Utah. Educators and leaders are welcome to attend some or all of the webinars live, or they may view the recording at a time that works for their schedules. The first webinars for this year are “Beating the Grammar Beast” on Tuesday, October 17, from 4-5 PM and “Reading with Purpose: Selecting & Sequencing Texts to Support Critical Understanding” on Monday, November 13, from 4-5 PM.
These webinars are to:
- support students’ reading, writing, speaking, listening, and thinking through evidence-based instructional practices, and
- refine and deepen educators’ implementation of the new Utah ELA Standards.
If educators are interested in receiving 0.5 USBE credits for their participation in the webinars, they will need to enroll in the Canvas course to complete the following tasks:
- Attend or view 7 webinars (there will be 8 total webinars plus bonus content, so you can select the webinars that are most of interest to you)
- Complete reflections for each webinar
- Provide evidence of implementation of at least one instructional practice from the webinar series in your classroom
- Educators are also free to participate and view the webinars without enrolling in the Canvas course or completing the tasks for USBE credit.