Every Tuesday we send out an email to every employee with information from the district This email...
This is a hands-on workshop that uses Utah rocks and soils to teach the standards for 2nd grade geology-rocks and earth surfaces. It will be held November 19 at the Grandview Learning Center 4:00-5:30 pm. Each teacher that attends will receive a $25 gift card.
By the end of the workshop teachers will be able to:
- Explain how smaller rocks come from the breakage and weathering of larger rocks.
- Describe Utah rocks in terms of their parts
- Sort Utah rocks based upon color, hardness, texture, layering, particle size and type
- Introduce the three major categories of rocks: igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary
- Use the data collected to identify and classify the rocks they studied.