Every Tuesday we send out an email to every employee with information from the district This email...
Prediabetes is a serious health condition in which blood sugar levels are higher than normal. Approximately 84 million American adults, more than 1 out of 3, have prediabetes. Many people with prediabetes have no symptoms.
With action, prediabetes can be reversed. Some of you may have received a letter from SelectHealth concerning your risk for prediabetes. They have several programs that can help prevent the progress of this disease. If you complete one of the programs you will get rewarded with a $50 gift card.
The options are:
- Meet with your PCP and discuss your risk
- Attend Prediabetes 101—a free two hour class
- Medical Nutrition Therapy—meet with a dietitian for personalized counseling
- Complete the Weight to Health program
- Meet with a SelectHealth Wellness coach via phone
*If you are interested in attending the Prediabetes 101 class, information has changed. Call 801-357-4141 to schedule a class.*
Class schedule: Second Wednesday of the month 1-3pm Third Wednesday of the month 5-7pm Fourth Tuesday of the month 9-11am
Location of classes: Live Well Center 395 W. Cougar Blvd. 4th floor Utah Valley Clinic Provo, Utah 84604