Provo City School District has created a hotline number for district parents and students to use...
Have you ever considered becoming National Board Certified? Find out more information with the upcoming live webinars on October 15, October 29, November 12, November 26 and December 10 from 6-8:30pm.
This credential is the premier teaching certification for accomplished teachers across the nation. Achieving this level of certification marks you as a reflective practitioner who never settles. It’s the most rewarding form of professional development you could ever want: self-directed, self-reflective and rigorous in the pursuit of continuously improved student learning.
Let us help you start the process with this support course where you can network with other like-minded teachers across Utah, dig into requirements with board certified teachers as your guide, more deeply discuss your practice, develop plans to showcase your accomplished teaching skills and write reflectively.
There is an annual state stipend for board certified teachers and state funding to help cover the upfront cost of certification. Some districts offer additional stipends.Course developed and taught by Utah NBCT teachers Deborah Gatrell and Amy Merritt Wood.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify requirements to achieve your National Board Certification
- Reflect and compare your teaching practice to the 5 Core Propositions and Architecture of Accomplished Teaching
- Describe your teaching practice, connecting the standards and rubric to written commentary prompts
- Develop your plan of action for:
- Component 2: Differentiation in Instruction
- Component 3: Teaching Management and Learning Environment
- Component 4: Effective and Reflective Practitioner
National Board Certification Informational Flyer