Every Tuesday we send out an email to every employee with information from the district This email...
Harvesting Good Thinking:
- Growing Basic Fact Strategies into General Reasoning Strategies
- Wednesday, September 8 | 4:00–5:00 p.m. ET
Join us for an information-packed webinar with Dr. Jennifer Bay-Williams, Mathematics Educator at the University of Louisville. She’ll discuss why teaching students strategies to become automatic with basic math facts supports mathematical fluency well beyond elementary school. During the hour-long webinar you’ll learn:
- Essential basic fact strategies for addition and multiplication
- Significant reasoning strategies beyond basic facts for whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Games to harvest good thinking
- Routines to harvest good thinking
- Empower your students with a set of reasoning strategies that will help them develop fluency across K–8 standards.
If you’re not able to attend the live event, go ahead and register. Following the live webinar, we will email you a recording to watch at your convenience.