Instructure has once again partnered with the Utah Jazz to honor Utah’s educators as part of our...
- Thursday, February 16, 2023
- BYU Museum of Art
- In-person only
- 6-9 pm
Searching for a Home: Maynard Dixon’s Painting and Poetry
Maynard Dixon is best known for his paintings; what people may not realize, however, is that he was also a poet. Searching for a Home: Painted and Poetic Imagination in the American West looks at both painting and poetry and how they complement each other. The exhibition relies on a handful of loans from significant institutions, but the majority of the art comes from the BYU Museum of Art’s permanent collection, which is the largest in the world. Come see how students can use both poetry and painting to express their sense of place and personal identity!
Registration closes at 5pm on Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
- Credit through Midas. Teachers may receive inservice credit for attending these events.
- 1 Evening + Survey = 3 relicensure points
- *5 Evenings + Surveys + 1 Field Test = 1 semester credit
- (Feedback surveys will be emailed after each event and then points will be added to MIDAS upon completion.)
- *Must be in the same school year.
- Evenings for Educators Schedule