Thursday, May 20th 2021 at 3:00PM MT will be a one-hour, interactive training will teach you...
A summary of the recent committee meetings.
Elementary Literacy Committee:
- Reviewed Early Literacy Plan Goals
- Wonders District Unit Assessments Update:
- All students are expected to take the assessments including ELL and Students with IEPs (follow testing accomodations).
- There will be a Unit 5 and a Unit 6 Assessment
- Assessment Blueprints are located in the Curriculum Notebook under “Assessments” and “Wonders.”
- We reviewed Literary Resources in Curriculum Notebook
- Early Intervention Software Programs that are available for next year: Imagine Learning, iReady, Lexia and Waterford.
Secondary Literacy Committee:
- This month in the Secondary Literacy Committee meeting, we updated the list of English electives classes for our curriculum notebooks and got to see a sneak peak of version 2.0.
- We also talked about common assessments and the new platforms for end-of-year testing.
- Teachers need to introduce students to the sample test questions so they can feel comfortable navigating the test.
Social Studies Committee:
- The Social Studies Committee reviewed textbooks for possible adoption.
- We reviewed the curriculum adoption policy and came up with a plan to develop a student profile.
Elementary Math Committee:
- The Elementary Math Committee reviewed the MTSS model to clarify the definition and purpose of Tier 2 instruction.
- The primary focus of the committee was to access and evaluate the Tier 2 resources that are available on the GoMath Think Central and myHRW platforms.
- The structure for Tier 2 identification and implementation as outlined in GoMath was presented, and available resources for K – 6 were considered.
- Specifically, Response to Intervention, Strategic Intervention, Intensive Intervention, Differentiated Instruction, and Prerequisite Skills were accessed and discussed.
- All of these resources are available via the online platforms, and Math Committee members will be investigating which resources teachers also have in a printed format.
Secondary Math Committee:
- Big Ideas Conference opportunity for teachers teaching Math I, II, or III March 6 T&L covering up to 10 subs.
- Reviewed a Learning Walk form for Formative Assessment and discussed the opportunity to have all math teachers utilize the form for 2 LW and 2 VR for a $100 stipend.
- Schools will discuss PD needs with their teams and send a proposal by March 15.
- This proposal will be aggregated to a district secondary math proposal and for PD for 2018-2019 summer and for the 2019-2020 school year.