Digital Teaching Tools
These are the six digital teaching tools that the Teaching and Learning department has determined most useful for you to understand and use in the hybrid teaching model this year. There is a tutorial linked to each of the below, please make sure you are signed into your district Google account to access.
- Loom Video Recording – Loom is a video recording tool that helps you get your message across through instantly shareable videos. With Loom, you can simultaneously record your camera, microphone, and desktop.
- Nearpod – Nearpod is a student engagement platform in which teachers can create presentations that can contain quizzes, Polls, Videos, Images, Drawing-Boards, Web Content and more.
- Nearpod + Canvas – With the Nearpod Canvas tool, teachers can embed Nearpod lessons directly into a Canvas module, assignment or page. Nearpod’s Canvas Gradebook integration allows teachers to seamlessly grade Nearpod lessons directly from the Canvas platform.
- Zoom Conferencing – Zoom is a video-chatting tool that allows teachers to host virtual class meetings. Students can wordlessly signal to the teacher that they have a question, brainstorm on a virtual whiteboard, and collaborate on projects by annotating documents on other students’ screens.
- Waggle – Waggle is an adaptive learning tool available on the Into Math platform. Waggle provides engaging and differentiated Math instruction for students in grades 3 – 6. (Waggle training coming in September!)
- Canvas – Canvas – a learning management system (LMS) – is a way to simplify teaching and learning by connecting all the digital tools teachers use in one easy place.