This year Provo City School District is hosting its first ever Youth Pow Wow. This will be a free family event on Saturday, April 29, 2017 at Provo High School from 1pm-4pm.
**Pow wows are like an open house. Come and go as you please. It is not rude if you come late, or leave early. Please come and support when you can, and enjoy Native American dancing!
The pow Wow provides our Native American students an opportunity to showcase their culture, as well as teach the community about the culture.
Here are just some fun things we planned for the pow wow:
- The first 300 kids get a book, donated by KUED, make sure to stop by their booth.
- Everyone who comes will be entered into a drawing for gift cards, (Swig and Megaplex Theatre to name a few!), books, DVD’s, jewelry, and more!
- Educational booths for teachers to learn about different resources.
- Colleges will be there to talk to any student interested in attending their school (BYU, UofU, UVU, USU & SLCC)
- Fry bread!!!
- Vendors will be there to sell their original Native jewelry!
- You will get to learn about the Native culture, and get a chance to participate in the dances.
- And you will get to meet an Olympic Gold Medalist, BILLY MILLS!!!!!
If you have any questions, you may email Meredith Schramm at email@example.com.
We hope to see you there!