Provo City School District offers employees eligible for benefits the option to enroll in our medical insurance plan. For full time, contracted employees Provo City School District pays for 80% of the medical premium and the employee is responsible to pay the remaining 20% of the medical premium. Provo City School District acts as the administrator for the medical insurance and allows the premium to be deducted pre-tax as a payroll deduction.
District Benefit Enrollment Login
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Medical Insurance
What is the name of the company who provides the medical insurance? Provo City School District currently provides plans through SelectHealth.
Is there more than one medical plan? Yes. Provo City School District offers you a choice of a Traditional PPO medical plan and a Healthsave medical plan. The Healthsave medical plan is a Qualified High Deductible Plan that you can pair with a Health Savings Account. With the Healthsave plan no one is eligible for the cost-sharing benefits until the full family deductible is met. With either plan you have the option of the SelectMed Plus or SelectCare Plus Network. Within each plan, there is the option to purchase single, couple or family coverage.
What is the cost of the medical insurance? The cost varies depending upon the plan chosen as well as the coverage option. To get the most accurate cost for your individual situation, please contact the Benefits Office or please contact the Benefits Office at Provo City School District or review the current Enrollment Guide.
Is there a difference in coverage between SelectMed and SelectCare? No. The coverage is the same for both. They are full “80/20” coverage plans. The difference between the two is that SelectCare has a slightly larger network.
- SelectMed+: 34 Hospitals and 3,900 Providers
- SelectCare+: 43 Hospitals and 5,000 Providers
To get the most accurate coverage information, please contact the Benefits Office or review the current Enrollment Guide.
How do I sign up for medical insurance? As a new eligible employee, you may sign up for medical insurance within the first thirty (30) days of your employment. If you are a current eligible employee, you will need to wait until the open enrollment period which occurs during the month of August. In both cases, you must log in to the online benefits enrollment site at http://www.employeenavigator.com/benefits. Contact the Benefits Office at Provo City School District for assistance.
Who is eligible to for medical insurance? Any full time contracted employee (classified or certified) of the Provo School District is eligible to sign-up for medical insurance.
Can I make changes to my medical insurance? You can only make changes to your medical insurance during the open enrollment period which occurs during the month of August UNLESS you have had a recent “life change event” which includes marriage, birth, adoption, divorce or death. If a “life change event” has occurred, then you have thirty (30) days from the date of the event to make necessary change.
How do I make changes to my medical insurance? You will need to make any and all changes to your medical insurance including adding a spouse, a child or cancelling your insurance by logging in to the online benefits enrollment site at http://www.employeenavigator.com/benefits.
How do I find out what doctors are included in my medical insurance plan? You can search through all available doctors covered on your insurance plan by going onto www.selecthealth.org and doing a “Provider Search”.
Can I get a new medical insurance card? Yes. If you need to get a new medical insurance card for any reason, you will need to contact Select Health’s customer service department at 1-800-538-5038 to request new cards.